United Way of Washington County-East
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
United Way of Washington County-East (herein referred to as UWWCE) respects the privacy of our donors. Accordingly, UWWCE will never sell, trade, share or rent your personal information to its merchant partners, member agencies or any other third parties without your prior consent. This policy applies to all information received by UWWCE, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the UWWCE website), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
UWWCE collects personal information about donors and prospective donors for the following purposes:
- Communication and managing our relationship with donors, and
- Conducting and facilitating fundraising, and
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements related to activities of UWWCE.
Any such personal information, collected for these purposes, will only be collected from the individual to whom it relates or from a publicly available source of information.
If you provide UWWCE with personal information when you visit the website, UWWCE may enter your name into our database so we can contact you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, or solicit future contributions.
UWWCE will not collect personal information from you when you visit our website unless you provide the information to UWWCE voluntarily and knowingly.
- Making a financial contribution: When you make a financial contribution online, UWWCE collects your name, contact information and standard credit card data. This information allows us to process and fulfill your donation and notify you of your donation status.
- Signing up for e-mail updates: When you sign up to receive e-mail updates, UWWCE asks for your name and e-mail address.
- Other tracked information: When you request information about running a campaign, complete a survey, sign up to attend a special event, request a speaker, vote in online polls or any other function that uses a submit/go feature, we may track personal information you provide in our secure database of community supporters.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer automatically when you use the internet. UWWCE uses your IP address along with other users' IP addresses to track usage patterns and improve the UWWCE Website. At no time is your IP address linked with anything that personally identifies the owner of the IP address.
UWWCE will not disclose any personal information other than a donor name for annual report listings. Any person requesting anonymity is listed as anonymous. UWWCE will not disclose any personal information about a donor or perspective donor to anyone outside of UWWCE or any of its affiliated entities without the knowledge or consent of that donor or prospective donor except as follows:
- To an auditor in connection with an audit of the UWWCE;
- To a lawyer who is representing the UWWCE in a matter to which the personal information relates;
- To comply with a subpoena, warrant or requirement under an order or rule of court;
- To a government institution that has made a request for the information, identifying its authority to do so, in connection with the administration of any law of the United States or Minnesota; or
- In any other circumstance where disclosure is specifically permitted under any applicable personal information protection legislation.
SECURITY OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
UWWCE uses a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions. UWWCE uses technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. UWWCE works with a third-party credit card company, Converge. This partner is a member of US Bank and handles all information in accordance with laws enacted to protect consumers like you.
WE CARE ABOUT DOING IT RIGHT
UWWCE is committed to accuracy and precision in processing your contribution information. We employ a variety or error-checking procedures, and our systems are subject to independent external and internal audits to ensure the privacy, security and accurate processing of your information.
CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY
Contact email@example.com if you want to:
- Be removed from our database
- Correct or update your information
To download this information click here.